mercredi 6 janvier 2010

Just Do It!

Just Do It!
We hear that so often... It's like "yeah, just do it but it's not THAT easy..." right? Wrong!
I realize that when I just start - even the smallest step - it all comes into place. Same thing with my work-outs. I'm not (definitely not!) a machine: Last night, after a whole day of walking around and pounding head, I did not want to go to the gym... especially not do my sprint workout I had set myself up to do... And there were millions of reasons not to do it: 1) I walked all day... doesn't that count? 2) I'm sooo tired and I have a headache. Maybe I need some rest (after a whole weekend of rest)... 3) you get the point... So i ended up making a compromise with my (other) self. I'd go down to the gym, and just do a half-hour Elyptical Machine on Cross-Country program (which I am a fan!) and some abs. Well I did it. But not only did I do it, I also did Upper Body! And I am PROUD! Like REALLY proud.. because it would have been so easy to just stay in the warmth of my home.
Now, I didn't say it was easy, but once the first step is over (put your clothes on and walk out the door) it's a hell of a lot easier.. And you'll feel sooooo good afterward. I mean it's been over a day and I still rave about it!
That was yesterday. Today, I headed outside in the freezing cold with my new windbreaker pants (that I put over my Underarmor cold weather gear) and went for an "easy" -- meaning not fast -- 4,7miles run. It was actually really nice... I missed it so much :-)

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire